- Go through the CBSE Byelaws and related circulars
- Understand the land and physical infrastructure requirements
- Complete the building and infrastructure requirements as per the guidelines
- Start the school and have the School Principal apply for affiliation online
- After submission of application with fees and documents, an inspection of the school will be held
- Once all the processes are complete, affiliation will be granted.
How to apply for CBSE affiliation
- CBSE has a manual that one should read before apply for affiliation. The manual can be downloaded chapter wise from this link: https://saras.cbse.gov.in/SARAS/Home/Information
- To start the online application process, you can visit this link: https://saras.cbse.gov.in/cbse_aff/form/Instruction.aspx
The form that needs to be filled in the above link is quite exhaustive. Therefore, CBSE provides a sample filled form that guides you on how to fill the form. This sample form can be downloaded from here but as the link keeps changing, we have uploaded a copy of the guide here: CBSE_sample_form
When to apply for CBSE affiliation
Application needs to be submitted online only. It cannot be submitted at any time, there is a specific time when applications can be submitted. As per circular dated 07 Jan 2021, the timelines for each year are:
- For fresh affiliation and upgradation of affiliation
- There are 3 windows each year: (1) From 01 March till 31 March (2) From 01 June till 30 June (3) From 01 September till 30 Sept
- For extension of existing affiliation
- From 01 March till 31 May
- For additional subjects, section increase, change of school name or change in Society / Trust / Company name
- Open throughout the year
- For special provisions under chapter 15 of CBSE Affiliation Bylaws 2018
- Open throughout the year
What is the cost of CBSE Affiliation?
CBSE charges as affiliation fee from schools that want to apply for affiliation. The fee varies for school applying for affiliation in India and abroad. There is also an option to pay a higher fee for on-demand affiliation. The CBSE affiliation fees can be seen here: https://saras.cbse.gov.in/cbse_aff/form/Instruction.aspx
If you would like to download a copy of the fees as on 01 Aug 2021, you can download a PDF version here: CBSE affliation fees
These charges may change over time.
We would like to clarify that we DO NOT provide any services for CBSE affiliation. We work with entrepreneurs and anyone interested in making new schools to design and setup the school in such a way that it meets or exceeds all CBSE norms, thereby making it easy for the school to get affiliation. As we gain knowledge, we share it back to the community in the form of these posts.